Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Place to Sit for a Spell

I photographed this part of my sister's garden on Sunday when we celebrated Mother's Day. It is one of my favorite parts of her garden. This spot is drenched in shade for most of the day, but for now the sun is shining in to highlight this peaceful place where you can sit for a spell with her cat(s).

4 comments:

Meems said...

Susan: Very peaceful indeed. The shade is a God-send in Florida... I don't think I could garden without it. Your sister's garden is very nice... it does make me want to sit a spell.
meems @Hoe&Shovel

Robin's Nesting Place said...

It does look inviting! I love her birdhouses in the background.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wonderfully inviting. I can just see a glass of lemonade added to the screnerio.

Susan said...

Meems...it's funny how green thumbs run in families. My mom loves to garden too.

Robin...I like the colors she painted them.

Lisa...especially on a hot & humid summer afternoon.

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails