Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Favorite Color Combination

I love soft muted pinks and whites in the garden but I have to say that my very favorite color combination is cherry red, purple and yellow. They're a bold combination of colors that grab your attention, and it works well in our large front yard.


The cooler color (bluish purple) is up front while the vibrant red Knock-out roses and yellow daylilies command you to look deeper into the garden. Orange is also a great color with yellow and purple. I discovered that once when a Mexican petunia came up next to an orange lantana. That was a very eye-pleasing combination.
Even from a distance the roses and daylilies refuse to go unnoticed. For summer purple color I'm going to add some pentas and maybe some lantana.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I need to come back and go through your blog more thoroughly. Looks like your gardens are to die for! ;-)

Dani said...

Such a pretty front yard flower bed!

Meems said...

Love those agapanthus and the color combination is really stunning.

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails