Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Monday, January 29, 2007

It's Lunch Time!



I was looking at this Anhinga (also known as the water turkey or snake bird) and couldn't figure out why he looked so odd. When I zoomed in on him with the camera I realized he had a fish in his mouth. He held the fish for quite awhile, shaking it from time to time. Eventually he held his neck straight up and swallowed the fish hole. Pleased with his full stomach, he held 0ut his wings and basked in the warm sun rays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What great pictures! Now that you mention it, I can see the tail fins of the fish in the first picture off to the left.

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails