Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Is the Mystery Solved????

I found this photo of the Scarlet Ladies' Tresses in the Plants of FloridaFlorida Natives Orchid Gallery. Could the mystery plant be a native terrestrial orchid? I don't know...what do you think? Dr. Pryor click on the gallery link above to read more about the plant and let me know if this is yours. If so....how LUCKY can you get to have a terrestrial orchid growing on your property. I call first dibbs on the first orchid baby. :-)

Here's another link with more information: www.floridasnature.com/florida_herbs.htm

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I've never seen or heard of this little orchid. What a gem.

FlowerLady

Steve Asbell said...

I have seen it in books but not in real life... wouldn't that be something!

Ami said...

From the pictures, it looks like a good match. How lucky!

NanaK said...

That sure looks like an ID has been made. How cool is that?

My Mother's Garden said...

Looks like you figured out the mystery! Lucky you to have such a unique looking orchid.

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails