Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Birds in Motion

As I sat by the lake watching the ducks quite enjoying their daily bath, I found my attention being drawn to a large flock of black birds. The flock would soar high in to the air in unison, as though someone had given the "go" signal. They seemed to have an established flight pattern. Each bird having a designated position as they harmoniously shifted gears, and moved in a different direction as though their minds were one. They made several appointed runs as though they were rehearsing for an upcoming theatrical performace.

Eventually they broke from their pattern and began to fly willy-nilly before scattering off in different directions. I always wonder how they keep from flying into each other. It's an art form of nature that defies all understanding!

No comments:

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails