Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Sound of Unseen Things

During fall and winter, I love to sit outside on a breezy day and listen as the wind roars through the trees. The tree branches are tossed to and fro in the wind - completely at its mercy. The trees ability to be flexible, yet strongly rooted in its foundation allows it to withstand the turbulent winds when they arrive. The wind, in and of itself, is silent and yet it finds its voice when it encounters an obstacle in its way. I've always thought of the sound of wind as the voice of God, and I find it comforting to feel and hear His presence.

As the wind falls silent for a few moments, I can hear the steady beat of a woodpecker's beak in the distance. The rhythmic and ceremonial drumming is soothing, and I close my eyes and drift away to the sounds of unseen things.

No comments:

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails