Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Harvest Moon




What a beautiful full moon we've had the last couple of nights. The Harvest Moon is definitely larger and brighter than other full moons. Even at 6:45 am it was still shining bright over the lake. I was lucky enough to catch the "Blue Hour" in my photo. If you're not familiar with the "Blue Hour" . . . click here for more information. It's always fun to try and capture the "Blue Hour" in dusk and dawn photos.

2 comments:

Leslie Kimel said...

What a gorgeous picture, Susan--so romantic. I've definitely been enjoying the moon too. My sister had a Halloween party on Saturday night and that full, silvery moon really added to the ambience!

sherryocala said...

Susan, I didn't know it was a harvest moon, but I happened to be up this morning at 3:30, and man! was it bright!! Quite amazing. I almost walked outside to experience it, but decided I better try to go to sleep. Your pic is quite lovely.

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails