Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Monday, June 30, 2008

A Summer Day in Maine

On my quest to visit all 50 U.S. states in my lifetime, Maine is the latest. It was on the day before the first day of summer, but it felt more like the end of winter. It was a brisk day in the upper 50's with a boat load of fog to go along with it. But nonetheless, it was extremely beautiful in this quaint northern town.

A glance down main street in Bar Harbor


A walk in the park for a closer look at the flowers.


A beautiful pink peony


and more flowers, of which I am not familiar. It looks like some sort of sage, and perhaps a geranium.


Oh, how I wish I could stay for the entire summer!

myly

No comments:

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails