Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

"The Earth Laughs in Flowers"
                                                             --E.E. Cummings

These brightly-colored California Iceland poppies cheerfully welcome visitors to Hollis Gardens in Lakeland.

Thanks Nell Jean for the correction on the poppy variety.

6 comments:

Dani said...

Happy Earth Day to you Susan!

Floridagirl said...

I thought I recognized that scene! Isn't Hollis Garden wonderful?!!

Susan said...

Dani...It was a wonderful day for Earth Day. Hope you enjoyed it.

Floridagirl...Aren't those poppies cool. You don't usually see them growing in Florida. I saw your recent post on Hollis Gardens. It is a great place to visit, and they very graciously share cuttings with visitors.

Ami said...

Beautiful poppies to celebrate the earth day!

Floridagirl said...

Hello! I just read your comment. Hollis shares cuttings with visitors?!!!!! I didn't know that! I even went on a day when the staff was there. They seemed quite busy, though, so I didn't want to bother them with questions.

Susan said...

Ami...They are really pretty and carefree looking.

FloridaGirl...In the past when I've asked workers the identity of plants they've offered me cuttings. Next time you're there...go ahead and ask.

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails