Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Whew, It's HOT!

It was soooo HOT this weekend, I had to work in shifts. The temperatures were tickling the 100 degree mark, and at the end of the day, I felt like this coleus - wilted! Fortunately, the weather forecasters are calling for rain Tuesday and Wednesday and a return to our normal weather pattern.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a strange year, weather-wise, in many parts this year. I hope you have a return to cooler temps and that your coleus survives!

Dirt Princess said...

It is unbearably (sp?) hot. I can't even go outside unless it is 6:20 am or 8pm. We desperately need some rain

Meems said...

Susan,
Oh. My. It was 90 degrees this morning at 9 a.m. All my potted plants are wilty by nightfall after being watered in the morning.This is hard work. I DO hope that rain comes tomorrow... we are in a mighty powerful heatwave... and summer has just begun. woo-hoo!

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails