Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Day 2 - Twelve Days of Christmas in a Florida Garden

Meems over at Hoe & Shovel has come up with a clever holiday blogging idea - The Twelve Days of Christmas in a Florida Garden. She's going to post "something" on her blog everyday for 12 days and she's encouraged her readers to join in.

It's definitely an ambitious undertaking at this time of year, but I think it's such a great idea that I'm willing to burn the midnight candle and join in.

A number of our orchids are coming in to bloom. This very yellow cattleya surpirsed me when I walked out on the back deck this past weekend. Orchids have a way of doing that - surprising you that is. I water them regularly and many times miss the emerging buds until the flowers pop open. Anyway, it was a very pleasant surprise.

3 comments:

Meems said...

Perfect. I love the way orchids just do their thing without much encouragement. In fact I think they prefer it that way. Yours are always so pretty. Happy you've joined in the twelve days.

Dani said...

Your orchids are always so pretty Susan!

Susan said...

Meems...If they're happy they certainly do take care of the blooms by themselves.

Dani...Thanks so much!!

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails