Welcome to my zone 9 garden. My roots are deeply planted in the sandy soil of sub-tropical central Florida, where the summers are long and hot, but the rest of the year is paradise!

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Day 3 of the Twelve Days of Christmas in the Florida Garden

Meems at Hoe & Shovel came up with the idea for the 12 Days of Christmas in the Florida Garden.

Lucky for us we can grow veggies through the winter months. On a couple of frosty nights, I may have to toss a blanket over my broccoli and wrap one around the tomato bush, but the collard greens are unaffected.

It looks like the first head of broccoli is just about ripe! :-)

3 comments:

Meems said...

Looking very yummy around there. Your garden is ahead of mine. That brocc looks so good.

After I had to re-seed three times from the armadillos digging up baby plants... The problem seems to be solved and things are on their way now though.

Becca said...

I've been browsing through your blog and loving the pictures. I'm hoping my tomatoes are going to make it through this supposed "snow" we're getting this weekend. I must say, I don't normally like sound on blogs but your blog is the most relaxing blog ever!!

Susan said...

Meems...Those armadillos can be pesky little critters. I've got one that dug a new hole, a large one, right up against my hibiscus.

Popular Posts


Related Posts with Thumbnails